Monday, June 30, 2014

Snowbird and A Lot of other Stuff

I worked and then my weekend began. It has been quite busy so I will try to summarize my workouts and fun-ness.

On Friday I rode 20 miles. It was also back day. I finished it off with manfriend on the couch watching the Informant. 

On Saturday I drove up to Snowbird to work with Wasatach Adaptive Sports (WAS). I started volunteering for them this past winter. They work with veterans with disabilities and all others with disabilities. In the winter we ski, snowshoe, etc. On Saturday I got to work with a bunch of kids and their families. I was stationed at the Alpine Slide.


 We spent some time on the adapted playground that WAS built. They've built a playground that kids with all abilities can enjoy.

We rode the Tram up at the end of the day and I watched two little three year old boys as they collected rocks and tried to get to the construction equipment.

I love volunteering. It is a big part of who I am.  It is an amazing program and their website is here.

Saturday night we went to a wedding and saw our dear friends, The Slushwaite-Grushers. Here is an old photo of me and the beautiful Miss SG since I forgot to take any.

Yesterday morning I ran 6 miles and went to the Farmer's Market at Wheeler Farm. There is another big market downtown on Saturdays. but Wheeler Farm is my favorite. 


I bought mixed greens, ginormous tomatoes, some dog treats and THESE!

These are locally made chews for athletes. They are made from coconut water and chia seeds. Remember how I get a stomach ache from gatorade? No. Well, I do. Ever since this whole autoimmune, vegan thing started my stomach is SUPER sensitive. I am going to try these out on my long runs and write a review. Their website is here.

Manfriend and I went to this vegan cafe in Salt Lake yesterday for brunch. They recently moved locations and their new place is bigger and better. Their food is awesome. So here are some yummies.



If you are in Salt Lake, you should go there. It is called Sage's Cafe.

Manfriend built some furniture and then we went downtown again because it was the last day of the Utah Arts Festival. My dad is a painter and I grew up around art. We had an art room in our basement where I spent many hours painting and drawing with my dad. Here is one of my dad's pieces....from 1984?

I haven't been in a few years because in recent years the art has been quite unimpressive. My brother is a sculptor and in his words "This isn't art. This is shit." Perhaps I am biased...or perhaps I have a keen eye for what is shit and what isn't. Let's go with the second one.

I decided to go yesterday because it has been a while and it actually didn't disappoint. Is the Utah Art scene actually getting better?!? Wouldn't that be great.

And of course, we ended the day with homemade vegan enchiladas and movies with this guy

My post with the enchilada recipe can be found here,

No comments:

Post a Comment