Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Avcoh-Dads and Some More Marathons

Let's start with the yummies. This morning I had this.

That coffee creamer is from Trader Joe's and it is like crack. Not that I've had crack, but if I did I bet I would say it was similar to Trader Joe's Vanilla Flavored Coffee Creamer. I was at a new Whole Foods yesterday in Draper, Utah. I like to shop at Whole Foods and pretend I'm rich, but then I remember I am not rich because I spend all of my money at Whole Foods....anyway, they had these amazing looking grapefruits and I haven't been able to make it to the Farmer's Market yet so I bought one. I ate all of it this morning because I suck at portion control sometimes.

For lunch I had an avocado sandwich with Vegenaise. Manfriend and I have been eating a lot of these lately and by 'Manfriend and I', I mean I have been eating 2 a day and he maybe had one last week.

I toast Low Sodium Ezekiel bread and spread approximately 5 times the serving size of vegenaise on them then add an avocado (yes, the entire avocado...eating half of an avocado at a time is for quitters) and then I sprinkle it with salt and pepper.Yes, I add sodium to the low sodium.

I didn't get up early today (surprise, surprise) so I am going to run at the gym. I read that running in the heat won't kill you, but I am not convinced. I am trying to keep my workouts lower impact this week so I don't suck at the half marathon this weekend or at least so I am able to finish and not quit due to injuries/pain/etc.

If I complete it injury free I am planning on doing another half marathon in July while I start training for a NPC competition in October. July 12th is the Hobbler Half and the Canyon to Canyon Half Marathon. I would love to run either one of those, but I have to keep my eye on the prize and the prize is being able to run forever. If my legs/knees/hips tell me to take it easy then I will need to listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment