Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Most Expensive PB&J

I woke up with a headache again....what the hell?

I ate this



That is PB2. It is the bomb.com and you can find it here.

PB2, 2 slices of Ezekiel bread and Eden Apple Butter. I have tried to replicate Eden Apple Butter. I have yet to be successful. If anyone out there has a magical recipe I am all ears, but keep in mind that I am incredibly picky and I won't add any sugar....apples are sweet already.

As predicted, my legs are mush. I ran 4 easy miles and worked my shoulders. My head never felt quite right and I have a history of migraines....wah wah wah. Lame sauce. So I took it easy the rest of the day, hung out with the canines and surfed the web.

My shoulder routine is quite short, but effective. It consists of 4 different exercises.

Upright Rows 4 sets of 6-10 reps which I superset with 4 sets of lateral raises with 6-10 reps.
Front Raise 4 sets of 6 -10 reps
Reverse Fly 3 sets of 6 - 10 reps and then I do one more set with drop sets.

It is all very exciting.

Shoulders consist of several smaller muscles besides the deltoid and that area can get injured easily. I have read that it is often the first place to get hurt when lifting. I do not do any overhead pressing with my shoulders.

This isn't to say that you shouldn't ever do overhead presses, but the amount of stress put on your shoulders during all of your other workouts should be considered. I work my shoulders out a lot on chest day as well and there is a lot of conflicting information out on the web regarding overhead press. The best thing anyone can do is educate themselves or hire a well educated trainer. Also, USE GOOD FORM. 

 I have been focusing on stretching a ton and I stretch after every run. I found this today and thought it would appropriate to share.

I found this on housewifeglamour.com. I am not a housewife, but thems some good stretches.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment