Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Lots of Hand Photos and Leg Day

I got home from work last night with a pounding headache and I went straight to bed. No leg day for me last night. Nursing is hard sometimes.

I went to bed at 8:30 which worked out well for me because I was able to get up at 5:30 AM and do this.


Yes, those are compression socks. I love them. I used to think that they were a big hoax, similar to barefoot running shoes, however; I got an awesome deal on them this one time and now that I have tried them I can't seem to give them up. I truly believe that they help with my recovery time (even if that is all in my head, I don't care) plus they make me look fast. Looking fast is really important. You can find the brand I have on here.

I didn't want to go back to the nail salon today and have all of the Vietnamese women shame me into getting my eyebrows waxed, a new pedicure, a manicure, eyelash extensions or any other unnecessary thing (they are really good at getting me to buy things). If you don't know what I am talking about, you should watch this Video. It is funny because it is true.

So I researched how to remove shellac nails on my own and then this happened.

Best part is it worked.

I hit legs, biceps and triceps this afternoon. I pushed myself, but not as hard as usual. I still don't feel like my body has fully recovered so I didn't work anything to fatigue today and no supersets. I took some really awesome (aka awkward) photos by myself. Get ready for uncomfortable-ness.

Leg Press
Lunges
Squats (I apologize in advance)
But seriously, lets talk about squats because I like big butts. I get asked about proper squats all of the time. First thing is shoes. I wear different shoes on leg day than any other workout day. Running shoes are not appropriate for squats, lunges etc. Most of these motions involve pushing weight from the heel and a lot of athletic shoes have a high cushioned heel for running, biking, etc. You want a shoe that has an even cushion across the entire base of the shoe.....like Chuck Taylors. I wear a pair of Pumas that have a flat sole and I also have a pair of Nike high tops I wear sometimes. Also..


I didn't get pictures of all of the machines and free weights because I am a lone wolf at the gym. It is hard to take photos with a hundred pounds on your back. I could probably work out with others, but the truth of the matter is that I prefer to work out alone. My gym time is my time to decompress. I really need this sometimes especially when I have days like yesterday. I like to run alone, lift alone, etc. There is nothing I like better than blasting some Def Leppard or Rancid on my Ipod and running out my emotions, stress, etc. It is what keeps me sane. 

Also, I really like books and coffee.

I went to the library after the gym. I've chosen to not find out how much sugar is in this. Let's not talk about it. A girl's gotta live!



No comments:

Post a Comment