Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Massage in a Basement and Some Awesome Photography

I ran this morning. A short and easy 5k. It felt really good, except I do still have some soreness in my right hip. I went for a massage around noon (my life is horrible, right?)

The flash on my camera makes this room look super creepy, but be assured that I did not get a massage in a molester's basement. This was actually at a local massage school that manfriend and I go to that was recommended to me years ago by a doctor friend of mine. 

The best part is the school is close to Trader Joe's. So I picked up some of my favorite liquid crack and these babies.

These are the best, but I could only eat one of the wraps. I gave the other one to manfriend. My stomach has been a bit off since the race. I am sure you wanted to know that, but I am a nurse and this is my life so we're keepin' it real.
 
Another photo from the weekend


This beautiful photo was taken by my sister-in-law. She is a world famous photographer. By world famous, I mean famous in my world but that counts. She is truly amazing. If you want to see more of her stuff looky here. She runs this operation out of Utah and Kentucky. She is so good that she can actually take this photo and still be IN the photo.

I am heading to the gym before work tonight. It is chest and shoulder day!

2 comments:

  1. It's totally normal to be sore after running for the first time in a long time. It's because your body isn't used to the strenuous activity, which is why it's reacting with pain. Don't worry, though. The soreness will go away on its own. I think getting a massage was a great idea. Anyway, that photo looks amazing. Your sister-in-law is quite the photographer. Does she have plans to pursue it as a profession? I think she should because she's very talented! :)

    Ervin Willis @ Main Street Massage Therapy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ervin. Yeah, she is actually a professional photographer. My family is lucky to have her capture all of our craziness.

    ReplyDelete