Sunday, June 15, 2014

4.5 years later......

This was me four and a half years ago when I ran my last 1/2 Marathon. It was a bitter sweet run. I received a PR (1:58) on a bum leg that I injured on mile 7 and I have spent the last 4 years trying to fix it. This was taken right before the finish line.




This was me yesterday.




I finished in 1:48. No bum knees and no injuries. I haven't told anyone this yet, but at mile 11 I started to cry because I suddenly realized that not only was I going to finish, but I was going to do so 10 minutes faster than my best time. This may seem a little dramatic, but some people go to church. I run. It has always meant much more to me than fitness.

At mile 12, a woman in pink capris and a hat touch my right shoulder and said "I want to finish with you." So we did.


I love running.

I spent the rest of the day waddling a bit because my hips were tight. Stretching them is making it better.  I asked manfriend if he wanted to pretend he was engaged to an old woman who needed hip replacements. He didn't seem amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment