Monday, June 9, 2014

Let's Pretend I actually Post Everyday...

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately and, for the time being, would like to pretend that I actually post in this every day. Wouldn't that be exciting?

It is getting warm here in Utah and my running has been coming along quite nicely. I have been trying to focus more on form, stretching and foam rolling and have stepped away from speed work for the time being. This last April, I started some speed work and paid for it for two weeks. Let's be honest. I am happy to just be running, so if that means that I run but I am a little bit slower then that is ok.

Yesterday I started feeling some sharp pain in my left hip flexor and I am pretty sure I spent apprximately 20 hours stretching it. I am supposed to run this race Drop 13 this Saturday and I was having mild anxiety attacks that I won't be able to do it. I will continue to stretch and ice and repeat and we shall see.

I received a discount on some Saucony running shoes so I bought three pairs (I wear Saucony Rides and I am in love with them). A girl can never have enough shoes...I mean, really.

I have also been focusing on cross training. Manfriend has pipedreams about me racing mountain bikes with him....I thought it was best to entertain him. Don't tell him, I am actually kind of liking it.
  

I am also trying to run on the treadmill less, which is difficult when it is 10,000,000 degrees outside right now and I have a tendency for sleeping in. I have been getting a lot of my outdoor runs in after my night shifts. Manfriend bought me a Garmin so I can keep track of my mileage and my times since I am not competitive with myself at all. Trying to pace myself and not speed is HARD.



No comments:

Post a Comment