Sunday, July 27, 2014

Push to the Finish and a little Zest and some other stuff

I ran push to the finish yesterday. Can I just say that I want to do this over and over and over again? I don't care much for running at 9:00 AM in 90 degree weather in a t-shirt, but there is something about pushing a 3 year old that is giggling, cheering you on and pointing out everything you pass that sort of makes it....worth it?

She even made us stop at every water station, where I would hand her a cup of water, she would stare at it and then she wanted to throw it into the big bin so she could be like all of the other runners.

Also, let me just take a moment to give some serious credit to the mamas and the papas that push these strollers on a regular basis. Not being able to use my arms is tiring. Y'all have some serious quads.

If you are interested at all in signing up for this amazing program or giving a donation, here is there Facebook Page and their website.

Also, here is a pic of all of the runners yesterday


Pretty neat stuff. Yes, one of those little girls is wearing a mermaid tail. Awesome.

After the race, we went to the Provo Farmer's Market to visit my good friend who sells and makes his own organic teas. He is the bee's knees and is a Clinical Herbalist. He owns Grey Mountain Herbs. His website is Here

Manfriend and I had date night on Friday. We went to this awesome restaurant in downtown Salt Lake that I had been dying to try. I had Raw Zucchini Pasta, two adult beverages and chocolate cake made with beets and avocado frosting. Go big or go home, right? Manfriend had BBQ vegan burgers. Everything is made from local ingredients and made from scratch. Can't beat that.



Some of my girlfriends and I signed up for the Rock n' Roll Half Marathom in Vegas. If you like Vegas and own a Vagina, then you should totally come with us. I LOVE me some Vegas! Case in point....




No comments:

Post a Comment