Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chafing....it's like a red medal I receive on my long run days....that only I can see

Longest title ever. You're welcome.




This


We won't talk about where it is located.

It hurt. It felt like a bee was living in my clothes. I ran 8 miles on Saturday morning and then went to the Provo River with my friend for her birthday. We rented tubes and floated down the river for two hours. I have no pictures because I KNEW that I would drop my phone in the water. I highly recommend going to do this.

When I put on my bathing suit, I thought a bug was inside of it. Little did I know that one of the select items I wore on my 8 mile run had actually bit me. It was the CHAFAGE.

This doesn't usually happen. I cursed that item of clothing and she has been banned to the lifting-only clothes pile in my drawer.

Sometimes I use bodyglide on my feet because I get blisters occasionally. This was not on my feet.

I have a race on Saturday, so I did a little bit of research.

Chafing is caused by repetitive rubbing from your clothing to your skin. If you are new to running, avoid cotton at all costs. (Especially on your feets). Synthetic fibers are your friend.

Most of the articles that I read, suggested bodyglide or vaseline be applied to areas that you tend to chafe prior to your run. Seems that I am also supposed to use bodyglide on this particular area until it heals.

Also, I used the chia seed energy beans.
Results were....questionable. They taste REALLY yummy, but I had a stomach ache within 15 minutes and I thought I was going to chunder (manfriend word there - look it up) half way through my run. I will try them out again, but for my half marathon I am going to take some Vega gel with me. Gels seem to be a bit easier on my stomach - not awesome, but better.

No comments:

Post a Comment