Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Chest Day and some other Stuff

I forgot to post this yummy that I had on Sunday morning at the Farmer's Market....

Vegan Tamale


There is a strong possibility that I will attempt to make vegan tamales myself. I will keep you posted.

For lunch today....


I do not use the soy sauce that comes in the little tray. I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos. This is a much healthier alternative to soy sauce. It is Non-GMO, gluten free and contains vegetable protein. It DOES contain soy. I feel I need to mention this because I know a lot of people are allergic to soy or anti-soy. I am not anti-soy.

Today was chest day. I rode on a stationary bike and then lifted. I love chest day. Tomorrow is shoulder day. Some years ago, my favorite thing to workout was my back and my chest paid for it. It is SO important to remember to lift with the whole body in mind. All of our muscles are connected and we can't build some and ignore others. Focusing on my back caused poor posture and a lot of strain on my body.

I see a lot of 'chest challenges' and 'shoulder challenges' on facebook that people post, and I think that these are great as long as that isn't the only muscle that one is challenging. I think that the other muscles tend to suffer when only one body area is focused on.

Speaking of chests, here is a great article from Bodybuilding.com in regards to bench/chest press workouts. chesty link ;)

I saw this on pinterest the other day. I want to say this to women I see at the gym all of the time (some men too), but I don't.


Last pic...I saw this at Whole Foods. I don't get it. What is happening? It even expires....the water expires. Seems questionable.


No comments:

Post a Comment