Sunday, April 8, 2012

Vegan Pizza

When you are vegan you get asked a lot of the same questions:

"What DO you eat?"
"Where do you get your protein?"
AND
"What do you miss the most?"

The easiest question for me to answer on this list is the last one. Pizza. I didn't eat pizza very often prior to becoming vegan. In fact, I probably only ate it about two or three times a year. Regardless, I do miss it. I watched a vegan you tube video on how to make your own pizza. I was too lazy to make my own crust, so I found one at Whole Foods that was whole wheat and vegan. I added my "cheese sauce" as well.


Vegan Pizza!

Pizza crust, ready made or you can buy vegan dough at the hippie store
1/3 cup pizza sauce
1/3 cup of  my "cheese sauce" *this recipe is included in the enchilada blog entry
1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella cheese
1/2 yellow pepper chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/4 cup mushrooms chopped

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your crust and smooth out the pizza sauce and the cheese sauce to cover the entire pizza. Add your mozzarella and the rest of the toppings (anything else you like). Pop in the oven for 12 minutes. Done!

*Daiya cheese is an excellent cheese alternative. In fact, it is the only one that I have found even tastes similar to actual cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment