Saturday, February 2, 2013

Less Gluten, More Food and Possibly Running Again

I have an appointment with ANOTHER physical therapist that was recommended to me. This time may be different. The referral came from an adorable nurse I work with, who I recently found out has been referred to as a ninja "because she comes outta nowhere and wins marathons". She recently ran a marathon in California that she "wasn't ready for" in 2:55. I have high hopes.

I have been started my mornings off for a long time with oatmeal or Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread with PB2 and sugar free apple butter. I will never understand why some companies put sugar in apple butter....


It is delicious. If you are unfamiliar with PB2, I have been eating it for some time. It is peanut butter that they drain all of the oils out of. It comes in a powder form, is 100% natural and all you do is add water.
They have a website: PB2  

The chocolate is amazing as well and the nutritional value is the same as the original. I have also been eating Ezekiel Bread for some time. I have found recently that a lot of the foods I have been cutting out are full of gluten. I haven't been doing it on purpose because of the gluten, but I find it pretty interesting that all of these foods have this in common....

I have also been making green protein smoothies with spinach, water, a scoop of protein and frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.

I also made a salad the other night. Mixed greens, almonds, cranberries, tomatoes and avacado with Walden Farms dressing...yummmy AND I was so full! I shall include the dressing link: Walden Farms


Last, but not least, I made my first excursion following a massage I had downtown. I took a break these last few days from any upper body exercises. My back was so sore that manfriend said the knots "felt like gristle"....just what I was going for. Anyway, Trader Joe's a scheming sonofabitch with all of their delicious foods! I got this THREE LAYER HUMMUS and it is AMAZING!!!

Yes. I eat it right out of the container. Don't judge. 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment