Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Really Wanted to Run

My physical therapy appointment with the magical therapist is on Monday and I can't stop thinking about running. My knee continues to hurt just about every day and every day that I am at the gym, I have to convince myself to not get on the treadmill because I am aware of what will happen. Sore knee for days....even more so than it already is.

I woke up this morning at 8 am and it was no different, so I decided to make the best of it and went to the gym determined to make the next hour of cardio the best hour ever. I got on this machine that they have at my gym....I don't think you can actually call it an elliptical? Maybe?

It is this thing:

The Cybex Arc Trainer. Anyway, it is basically like lifting your knees up to your chest for an hour with resistance. I burned 930 calories according to the machine. I still wanted to run....so I went to Bikram Yoga. Apparently the desire to run fills me with energy. I went to Bikram Yoga for 90 minutes and I don't think I have ever had so much sweat in my eyeballs. Ever.

I came home around noon and finally had my "morning" cup of coffee and then the urge to run came over me again....oh dear. I sat on our stationary bike downstairs for 30 minutes. Yes, I am a crazy person. 

Speaking of crazy, I have been reading this awesome book by Rich Roll that I highly recommend. He is an ultraman, meaning that he competes in Ultraman which is twice the length of an ironman. Amazing book and HE IS VEGAN! Yay! The book is called Finding Ultra

So now I have been having a dream about running and cycling in an Ultraman about every other night...one of these days.

I have been trying to convince my dad, who is also a vegan, to start cycling again. If you ask him about his cycling career, he will say "Oh, I liked to bike a bit once." The truth is, he was an AMAZING cyclist. He took 3rd overall in his first ever race when I was a little girl with almost no experience and would go out for 50+ mile bike rides every weekend until I was probably 8 years old. I will leave you will a pic of me and the pops both pre-vegan:

Have a most excellent weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment