Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PB2 Shortage and The Wizard

I went to Good Earth earlier this week to pick up some groceries, including my beloved PB2. When I came to the shelves full of peanut butter there was a gaping hole where my beloved PB2 is supposed to be. A cute store clerk asked if she could help me and informed me that the PB2 jars would be out until VALENTINES! She then proceeded to tell me "We sell the packets". The packets have about 1 whole Summy serving. Who is she kidding?! I go through about 4 jars in 2 weeks. The poor girl took a step back because I think I must have been snarling and foaming at the mouth. I was forced to get these:

Yes, that would be the chocolate PB2 and some other powdered peanut butter substitute that has more sugar. Thumbs down. I even checked Whole Foods. They are out too. I promptly went home and ordered 4 pounds of PB2 in bags that should be here on Valentines day. 

I also picked up some Ezekiel brand pita pockets! Yeah buddy!


At least I have my pitas and hummus to save me during this PB2 famine. 

Biggest news of all. I went to see the Wizard. The amazing and wonderful physical therapist that I was referred to. Cheryl Farnsworth. Every time I go to see a therapist they look at what is hurting and treat it. This therapist did a head to toe analysis of my body to find out WHY I keep getting injuries. I was in her office for three hours being poked and prodded by two therapists. The final word was that my feet pronate, which causes my pelvis to come out of alignment forcing strain on my knees and IT bands which are stuck in the middle. She explained that I can wear high heels on end because I am not pronating in them and am standing on the balls of my feet. She also told me that was ok and I am welcome to wear....wait for it....ANY KIND OF SHOES THAT I WANT! I am officially in love with this woman.

They taped my feet, my knee and my heels. They gave me exercises and referred me to a podiatrist for orthotics. Final answer: I will marathon again and I will wear heels for-ever.

So now I am wrapped like a mummy in medical tape:

Don't mind the tramp stamp


My feet are taped too, but I didn't want to take off my shoes because my feet are cold. Sorry kids! Hopefully my blog will soon be full of race training scheduled and runs to come this year. I am hoping to be able to run a full marathon again by the end of the fall if this magic works!

No comments:

Post a Comment