Thursday, March 29, 2012

What is Better than Mashed Potatoes?!?

Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Apples
What the yum?! I got this one out of my ‘Appetite for Reduction’ cookbook. Her recipes are also at the Post Punk Kitchen blog that I follow. This was SOOOO simple and yummy!

1 lb apples (about 2 average sized apples. I used fuji) cut into chunks
2 lb sweet potatoes or yams cut into ½ inch chunks
 *the recipe says to peel the apples and potatoes, but I LOVE the skins so I left them on
¼ cup water
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp agave nectar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
Bring water and salt to a boil. Add the apples and potatoes. Cover and reduce heat to low. Stir often. Slowly let them steam so they don’t burn. Steam for about 20 minutes until they are soft and tender. Drain. Mash with a potato masher. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment