Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Infamous Vegan Deep Dish Cookie Pie

Here is the first thing: I don't make these recipes. I find them EVERYWHERE. I often put a bit of a "spin" on them, but I don't invent them. Perhaps I will someday.

I found this recipe a few months ago and have made it once (or three times) a month since. It. Is. Divine. Imagine eating cookie dough without having to worry about all that egg poo poo.

Also, as far as sweets go, this is pretty darn healthy.....unless you eat the whole pie. Which I have done.


2 cans garbanzo beans
1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup (or the entire bag) of vegan or regular chocolate chips

Blend everything except the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender. Add the chips. Mix. Pour into a lightly greased pie dish or a 8 x 8 baking pan. Put in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment