Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vegan Walnut (or no nut) Brownies

Who doesn't like chocolate? Who doesn't like some big ol' chocolately nuts.....oh wait. Scratch that. Who likes walnut brownies? Extra chocolately homemade brownies!! YUM!

Ok, so these are NOT necessarily good for you. I tweaked the recipe a bit, though…sooo they are better than they are supposed to be. I will give you the regular recipe and I will put in the changes I made.


2 cups flour
2 cups sugar (I used 1 cup of sugar and ½ cup of stevia)
¾ cup of cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup water (I used 1 ½ cup water)
1 cup oil (I used ½ cup of oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (or no nuts OR substitute or add 1 cup of chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix up all of the ingredients and spread into a greased, square pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (*because of the changes I made, I had to increase the baking time to 40 minutes).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment