Friday, May 18, 2012

Clean Eating Cappuccino Pops

Before we begin....
Yes, I know what that popsicle resembles. Get it out. Laugh it up. Those were the ONLY shapes that Bed, Bath and Beyond had that day. Dirty bastards.

Ok, so I know that Mother's Day has passed but my mama was a coffee fanatic!! That is probably where I get it. I was going to make these on Sunday and then realized I didn't have the molds. I made them Monday and took them out of the freezer today and they are.....AMAZING!!! They are clean and healthy and the perfect fix for a chocolate craving....YUMMY-NESS! I got this recipe out of one of Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Diet books.


2 tsp arrowroot
1 cup low-fat milk (I used soy)
2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips (I used vegan dark chocolate chips)
1/4 cup of pure honey
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup of freshly brewed espresso or very strong coffee (I used decaf because of Chrissy's "dicky" heart)
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In a small bowl whisk the arrowroot and 1/2 cup of milk. Set aside.

In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips on medium-low heat. Stir in the honey, cocoa powder, espresso, salt and the reserved arrowroot-milk mixture and remaining 1/2 cup of milk. Increase the heat to med - high and whisk constantly until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla. Transfer to a liquid measuring cup and pour into the pop molds....the recipe said that it would fill 6 molds, but mine only filled 4.

Set molds in the freezer over night. To unmold, run under luke warm water.


No comments:

Post a Comment