Saturday, October 3, 2015

Remember That One Time....

Remember that one time that I started a blog and then I stopped writing on it? Maybe I should start writing again.....

I love to write and I also find that I am more accountable for my goals when I put them out there....into the abyss (aka the internet world).

So let's go over what is new while I drink my morning coffee with a headache and swear to never drink wine again for the millionth time (I get a headache even with one glass).

I set a goal at the beginning of the year to run 12 Half Marathons. I am 3 half marathons away. I have run a total of 10 races, but one was a Ragnar. It was my first Ragnar and I was invited on the team last minute, but it was probably one of the funnest experiences that I have ever had. The van I was in was full of hilarious, upbeat people. I don't know that I will do one again because I will 100% expect for the van experience to be duplicated and I don't think that is possible.

The next races I am registered for are The SoJo Half Marathon, The Saltair Half Marathon and The Thankful 13.

I am sad that I won't be doing one in December, but I live in Utah and it is cold and there will be snow and manfriend and I will be leaving for 9 days to see these beautiful people.





Yes, I included myself  in with the beautiful people. Don't judge me.


I've been thinking a lot lately about my running and my weight lifting. Prior to setting all of these 2015 running goals, I was lifting 5 to 6 times a week. Now I lift 2 to 3 times a week and I rarely train legs because I am petrified of over working my short stems. I have definitely lost some muscle mass and this has been a really hard concept for me to accept. I love both sports SO much, but the reality is that I work 50 hours a week as a nurse. I can do both and I constantly have to tell myself that it is OK that I have lost some muscle because I am still strong and I am STILL lifting.

I was playing with the idea of competing in bikini again next year, but I don't know that I have the heart to go through the dieting again. I am really enjoying being able to decide my own training schedule, although I may need someone to put my diet in check. I've decided to start writing everything down so I can evaluate what I am getting too much of (sugar, most likely) and not enough of (vegetables, I bet). I DO get plenty of coffee....because.....

 

My legs are puddy today. I have run 27 miles this week. I was going to run 12 miles today, but I think I am going to lift and bike instead so my "running muscles" can recover a bit and I will run those miles tomorrow.

I am already looking for races next year, so if any of my 3 to 4 followers know of any that are early in the season, I am all ears!

Happy Saturday, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment